The Domestic Scholarship was set up in 2003 to benefit high school students in California. This is a merit and need based scholarship.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
1. Be a citizen or permanent resident of the US,
2. Demonstrate financial need,
3. Be a graduating California high school senior,
4. Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5,
5. Have successfully gained admission to an accredited 4-year college or university in the US and the applicant will be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study no later than fall of the year of application.
Selection is made by the Domestic Scholarship Selection Committee consisting of 3 non board members. Selection is based on overall academic performance, financial need, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, and personal statement.
In 2006, the Mrs. Sui-Ha Wong Yew Memorial Fund became a major sponsor of this program and has benefited many young aspiring students and will continue for many years to come.