The Domestic Scholarship was set up in 2003 to benefit high school students in California. This is a merit and need based scholarship.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
1. Be a citizen or permanent resident of the US,
2. Demonstrate financial need,
3. Be a graduating California high school senior,
4. Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5,
5. Have successfully gained admission to an accredited 4-year college or university in the US and the applicant will be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study no later than fall of the year of application.
Selection is made by the Domestic Scholarship Selection Committee consisting of 3 non board members. Selection is based on overall academic performance, financial need, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, and personal statement.
In 2006, the Mrs. Sui-Ha Wong Yew Memorial Fund became a major sponsor of this program, followed in 2013 by the Lam On Memorial Fund, benefiting many young aspiring students in California, and will continue for many more years to come.
To encourage our Domestic Scholars to explore, learn and experience a different culture and living in Hong Kong, the Domestic Scholarship has expanded to include scholarships for Hong Kong Study and Hong Kong Internship.
Students may contact us for the detailed information regarding the Domestic Scholarship, the Hong Kong Study Scholarship and the Hong Kong Internship Scholarship and the Application Forms or download the same from this website.